Thursday, April 1, 2010

And Then She Cracked!




Ahhhhh, today is Thankful Thursday. I didn't want to do the usual "fill in the blank" For Today blog that I've been using. Since it's almost Easter, and I've been thinking about how much I have to be thankful for, I thought I'd do a real blog for a change!

I don't know about you, but for me, Easter represents a time of renewal. All that's dreary becomes fresh and alive again. It's Spring...time for the flowers to bloom, time for the weather to change, time for more sun and less darkness. Time (almost) to plant our veggies and watch the glorious fruits of our labor ripen to perfection!!!! I LOVE this time of year.

Best of all, it's time to remember that special day that Jesus rose again......a day that changed our future forever, Praise His Name!! I'm so glad Jesus loved us enough to die for our sins and give us the promise of everlasting life with God in heaven. That is the hope we have.....the promise we live for.....the reason we serve Him....He is (or should be) our everything!!!

Today I am soo thankful for MEDICINES!!!! Sarah has gotten some relief from her headaches with a new med. It's still not a cure all, last night she was in a lot of pain again, but it does help. She just can't seem to catch a break lately. But she is one tough girl, and keeps plugging on....

I keep thinking about what happened in our marriage class Sunday. Catherine was teaching, and she was talking about how hard it was when Mark broke his wrist, and the hospital stay, and trying to take care of everything and being so incredibly tired all the time. And through her tears as she talked about it, she said she thought about me, and how I go through that all the time. Then Donna started talking about how nobody knows what it's really like until you've been there, taking care of a handicapped child. Well.......so of course I cracked like a raw egg, crying a river, grateful that somebody does understand how hard it can be!

But as hard as it can be on me, that's nothing compared to what Sarah goes through. I just want to take all the pain away, I want to give her my legs so she can run around and do normal things with her friends like shop and go out to eat. All the things we take for granted. I know how hard those things are for her to deal with. Yet, she doesn't complain (much). She's such an inspiration to me!!

I don't know why I went there. I just needed to say it I guess. But as hard as we have it sometimes, thank God this year has been the exception. Things aren't usually this bad, and there have been plenty of years without hospital stays and surgeries and complications. We're all looking forward to getting back to that place!

I'm so thankful for my Bobby too. My short little man is such an awesome son!! He pretty much has taken over the yard work from his daddy already (without asking, woo hoo!), and provides me with comic relief, although his humor is quite dry. He just cracks me up!! I'm so thankful he got his old job back. God has been good to him!!

And then there's my hubby. What an awesome man God has blessed me with! I'm forever thankful that God put us together! Who knew all those years ago that just one street over lived the man of my dreams? Pretty incredible I would say!!
Beautiful Flowers from Rob this week!

I'm thankful that the eBay changes haven't affected me in the negative way I thought it might. I was afraid nobody would find my stuff once the changes came. But....with 6 sales yesterday.....that didn't seem to happen. I'm sooo tired of eBay though. I want time to work in my flower beds, deep clean my house, cook like I want to, work on projects that get pushed to the side, etc. There's just not enough time in the day.

Hopefully the Drs. appointments will die down now and I can spend more time at home. Except Bobby has me running to the Auto Parts store today. I guess it will always be something, lol!!

My cat should be thankful I can't reach her right this minute. She's sitting on the dining room table like it's her throne or something. If I was closer........grrrr! She found a stack of newspapers. I don't know why she likes them, anything small and stacked.....she claims it as her own!

I'm thankful for the visit with my brother and his family. I LOVE them, and don't get to see them enough! Everybody is growing up wayyy too fast! And Rob is going to be 40 this month. 40-40-40-40-40-40!!!!!! OMG, he is sooo old. He's always been my little brother. Now he's my OLD little brother. How does this happen??????

By the way, these are the reasons I can't find a new Easter Outfit. Not gonna buy one in an expanded size, lol!!!!


I'm thinkin it was soooooo worth it!


I guess I'll go for now. I have a list a mile long of stuff that needs to be done today. If I can stay off of Facebook and get a tiny portion of them done, I'll be happy!!


I wish everyone a very Happy Easter! Enjoy time with your family, and don't forget to thank God for the priceless gift he gave us in His Son, Jesus Christ!!


He is not here, for He has risen......Matthew 28:6







1 comment:

  1. MOm here I sit on jan 23rd 2013 reading this, I have come back to this many times since you posted it. Thats why you went there. to give something to look back on when I have my doubts. but today I'm just looking at you pictures lol.

    ReplyDelete