Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring Has Sprung!

(Pretend there's a picture here, I couldn't get it to load, lol)




For Today:

Outside My Window:
It is dark and WARM. Yay, that's right......it's finally warm in the morning. Praise God in Heaven, spring is coming!!!!!!!!!

I am thinking:
I'm so happy and blessed! Yea, I have problems....we all have problems....but I know the problem solver, and He knows me by name!!!!!!!!!

I am thankful for:
The successful yard sale this weekend! That we sold every single one of the BIG things we had, and I didn't have to lug them back into the house or to the dump. But....even after lots of people filled a bag for $1.00 (most filled 3-4 bags!) I still had a van FULL of stuff to take to Goodwill! Here's a tip, when you take stuff to Goodwill, don't tell them you have a van full of JUNK for them, they don't like that word, lol!!!!

From the Kitchen:
Well, I'm not sure yet. Something homemade because we've lived off take-out this weekend! And speaking of kitchens, we had 3 coffee makers for sale at the yard sale and what happens Saturday morning? My beloved Cuisinart Coffee Maker gave up the ghost!

Sooooo, I had to steal a Coffee Pot from outside! I don't know why Mom was selling it, but it's great. The only problem is mine was sooo quiet, and this one sounds like a freight train, and only makes 10 cups instead of 12.

Well, that will help me cut down on the coffee, because once I fill Rob and Bob's travel mugs in the morning, there's only 2 (big, ha!) cups left!!!

I am hoping:
To find a new clock and mirror for my living room soon. I miss them both so much already! At least my Aunt Georgia got the clock, so it's still in the family! It was beautiful, but I'm tired of Cherry!

And I always checked my hair in the mirror before I left the house, and now I keep looking into a blank wall out of habit!

I'm doing away with the cherry (except the big pieces for now) and Gold, and going for Black/Brown and Modern! I'm sick of froo froo, lol!!!!!
Yep, froo froo flowers are history :-(

Also hoping to sell the last of the stuff I have left on Craigslist and eBay. That's only some Rose teapots and cups, Bobby's Titans Bedspread, and some decorative Civil War knives I forgot to put out. Once that's gone, I'll be DONE!

I am reading:
Confession: we haven't had time this week to read devotionals together except for one day, so I can't wait to get back to that! The only reading I got done was my online devotionals this week :-(

I am creating:
Order and SPACE in my living room! Bobby came home last night and said "Mom, I'm so proud of you, I can see the floor again. Let's not do that anymore"! I agree Bobby, that yard sale just about pushed me over the edge to insanity!!!!!!!

I am praying:
For God to meet the needs of some very special people. He's able, and He will!!!!

I am hearing:
Bobby's fan running in his room. I CANNOT believe that as I'm typing this very part, the bomb went off at the Nursing Home again! I haven't heard that in a while......I just can't for the life of me figure out what it is!

One of my favorite things:
Well, I sold everything in this house just about, so I would have to say my favorite thing right now are about the only knick knacks I didn't get rid of: my Cardew teapots! Even though they have Roses on them, I can't part with them! Bear with me, I don't have pictures of my teapots on my blog yet, so here they all are (just in case something should ever happen, I'll at least have my pictures!!)

Ok, so the turquoise teapot doesn't match the others, but it was my Mom's Moms,
so it has special meaning to me!!!


Around the house: I have a few things to put up in the attic, and I have to finish cleaning my bedroom, then the house will be back in order. Wow, it's been a long time since I've been able to say that!!!!!!

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Woohoo, Sarah is well again and only has ONE Drs. appointment this week! The rest of the week I'll be playing catch up on eBay! When I was cleaning out the attic for the yard sale, I found a bucket of new summer clothes and bathing suits I've been looking everywhere for. So, I've got to get them listed!

Mini Devotional:
Reach out to somebody in need today. The healing power of touch is amazing! If your spouse if having a bad day, offer a back rub! If your kids are fussy or sad, offer a lap and kiss! If you meet somebody new, offer a handshake! If you've been cross with a family member or friend, offer a hug!

The sympathetic touch and empathetic heart mirror the heart of Jesus, who always had time to give to those in need!

When the men of that place recognized Him, they sent out into all that surrounding region, brought to Him all who were sick, and begged Him that they might only touch the hem of His garment. And as many as touched it were made well. Matthew 14:35-36 NKJV

You may not be able to cure blindness or leprosy, but your touch still heals!
(From the book: Checklist for Life for Women)

Here is the picture I am sharing:
NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete