Monday, March 1, 2010

God is Good!!!!



For Today:

Outside My Window:
The sun is coming up, and it fits my "sunny" disposition this morning!!!

I am thinking:
About the wonderful service we had at Church yesterday. The presence of the Lord was so great, and everything that was sung, preached, and acted out touched me in a special way!! I knew God was preparing me for something, and already He has helped me to reach out and serve others in a way I didn't think I was capable of. It just proves to me that we can do ANYTHING through Christ who strengthens us. I cannot do it on my own!!!!

I am thankful for: Bobby being out of the living room!!! His room isn't finished yet. In fact, only half of his floor is down, but we moved his bed back to the finished part. Sarah can roll through the living room again!! Now, we're getting ready for a HUGE yard sale this month, so it's about to get piled back up with stuff from Mom's house that I have to price. My yard sale stuff is already piled around the Fireplace, yikes!!! There's ALWAYS some junk pile around here!!!!!!

From the Kitchen:
Brunswick Stew from the Hopewell Optimist Club, yummy!!!! And cornbread (grilled cheese for the kiddos!)

I am hoping:
To be a blessing to someone as God shows me how he wants me to serve others. This causes me to step WAY out of my comfort zone, but I'm realizing that the more I serve others, the more He uses me, and I want sooo bad to be a giver in God's eyes and not just a taker!!!!!

I am reading:
A book on Fasting by Elmer Towns, Love is a Decision with my hubby, The Bible and a few devotionals.

I am creating:
A new plan for eating and exercising. Instead of Weight Watchers, I'm counting calories this time. So far so good. It seems easier, and once I reach my limit for the day, I'm done. That part is not fun, cause I COULD reach my limit by noon on most days, but I'm learning to pace myself and stop eating when I'm stressed or upset or happy or bored or confused or thirsty or have to use the bathroom or sleepy or .......you get the picture!!!!!!!!

I am praying:
For God's direction as we fast this month to draw closer to Him as individuals and as a Church body. In addition to fasting meals on certain days, I've decided to fast the things I love most for a week at a time. This week I'm fasting Diet Pepsi, and ohhhhhh how it's going to kill me (dying to self, lol), but I can do this for God. Next week I'll fast Coffee, and the following week I'll fast Facebook. I haven't decided what the fourth week will be yet, as those are the 3 things I've felt I just can't live without!! I really don't think I'll fast Goodwill since I did that for 3 weeks already, but who knows what God has in store!!!

I am hearing:
The dryer running, getting the wrinkles out of Bobby's jacket that's been balled up all weekend, and now he needs it for work. Thank God for water spritzer bottles and dryers to the rescue!!!!

One of my favorite things:
My new bedroom! Below I'll show you pictures of before and after. Wow, what a difference! It's so light and pretty in there now. Not dark and gloomy, lol!

Around the house:
If you ignore it, will it go away? Way too much to do, and not enough time. At least the Optimist Club cooked most of my dinner today so I don't have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen!!!

A few plans for the rest of the week: I canceled Sarah's Doppler test for this morning. I didn't realize when I made it that we had Dentist appointments this afternoon, and I was afraid we wouldn't make it back in time. Now I have to reschedule that for another day this week. Joy joy joy, I just love appointments.......NOT. I don't think they're ever gonna end!!!! I still have yet to make my Drs. and hair appointments.

Marriage Enrichment:
"A marriage may be made in heaven, but the maintenance must be done on earth."

Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband. Ephesians 5:33


Here is the picture I am sharing:

My old bedspread, and I do mean old!!!!!

My beautiful new bedspread!!

New Picture and accessories.
The only thing missing is a new colored necklace for Manny, the
mannequin that wears my Mothers Wedding Dress!!!


Had to keep our baby pictures!!

Rob has a REAL quilt now, now a cheap fall-apart imposter, lol!!!
Love these, even if they are purple. Oops, didn't notice THAT at the store, lol!!
Another great find from Tuesday Morning!!

Have a great week everybody!
Do something nice for someone this week.
Be a blessing and you will be blessed!!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete